Alesis IO2 problems

cheekythief

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I've been recording using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 2.0 for about five years with few problems, and was starting to think that I knew something about it.

However, I recently bought myself an Alesis IO2 audio interface so that I can record more than one track at once, and now I feel like I know nothing at all about anything.

Guitar Tracks 2 recognises the IO2 and lets me record with it. For some reason, though, when I play back the recording it is speeded up. Not massively (we're not talking Alvin and the Chipmunks) but enough to screw everything up.

I discovered that by doing the "wave profiler" I could record a track and it would be okay, as long as I ran the wave profiler before every single take. But now I discover that trying to record a second track means that the speeded up effect is there no matter what I do.

I decided that maybe Guitar Tracks 2 was just too old for today's hardware, so I tried installing Cubase LE (which came bundled with the IO2), but that gives an error within seconds of starting to record a take.

So I installed Cakewalk Home Studio 2002, but that only lets me set the IO2 as the output, refusing to acknowledge its existence as a recording device, and giving me only the computer's own sound card as an option.

I've tried this on both my laptop and my desktop PCs with the same results.

Am I simply being an idiot and missing something blindingly obvious, or have I made a mistake by buying the IO2 in the first place? I've Googled the hell out of the subject, but all I can find are people saying how easy the IO2 is to use.

Please help, wise forum members.

Hi all, this is my third post here.

I fixed the problem, which was basically down to Guitar Tracks 2 being too old.

All I've really done is moved over to Cubase LE, which came bundled with the IO2, set up the IO2 in Cubase's Device Setup window, and now I'm in business.

So for any future forum visitors with Guitar Tracks 2 and an IO2, try using newer software. Although it means learning a new program, it still beats not being able to do anything.

Hi twostone

The IO2 sounds terrific, definitely a good option for use with a laptop where the usual soundcard is below par. With the IO2 I can now record in places other than at home. Great for collaborating with other people.

Back