Alesis io2 express information

Marco Mutti

Hi all, i'm willing to buy the alesis io2 express audio interface, but i have some questions:
1-I saw that it includes cubase le, does it include a good amount of guitar effects?
2-How much delay it introduces? My idea was to plug my guitar in it, apply some effects and redirect the output to my amplifier, i'd like to use my pc more like a sort of pedal, not only for recording. Is it possible/ a good idea?
3-What kind of output does this device provide? Can i just connect its headphones output to my amplifier input or what?
4-Can i use it as my primary output device? (will every system sound from browser, media players ecc come from alesis?)
Thank you very much :)

Hi all, i'm willing to buy the alesis io2 express audio interface, but i have some questions:
1-I saw that it includes cubase le, does it include a good amount of guitar effects?
2-How much delay it introduces? My idea was to plug my guitar in it, apply some effects and redirect the output to my amplifier, i'd like to use my pc more like a sort of pedal, not only for recording. Is it possible/ a good idea?
3-What kind of output does this device provide? Can i just connect its headphones output to my amplifier input or what?
4-Can i use it as my primary output device? (will every system sound from browser, media players ecc come from alesis?)
Thank you very much :)
No guitar effects.
No delay
Yes Possible
Headphone output is pretty hot compared to a guitar so you'd have to keep the output very very low - it might distort the heck out of it if the signal going into your amp is too hot.
Primary device - yes just set it up in Windows

Thank you for your fast answer :). Another thing: if cubase le does not include any effects, is there any good (and possibly cheap XD) software that provide real time effects?
For the volume problem i have another little marshall amp that provides a cd audio input that i think is more suitable for this purpose.

Back