Alesis io 26 HELP ME PLEASE!

nick8338

Hi everyone, first post on this site, im keen to hear any ideas about the following:

I have an Alesis io 26 and a Macbook pro, connected by firewire. Up until about a week ago this set up was working perfectly. Now all of a sudden I have a problem.

The io26 still shows a lit firewire connection light, and all the channels can be selected in cubase however there seems to be no signal coming from the io26 to my macbook. The LED indicators do not even light up when an instrument is played into it.

What is strange is that if the io26 is plugged into my macbook as it is starting up then the LED indicators do light up and react to an instrument plugged directly in (as a test) As soon as the system starts up fully the LED indicators no longer react to the instrument signal. The firewire connection light does remain lit however.

This makes me think it is a driver related issue, however I have tried uninstalling the drivers and downloading new version from Alesis website. Obviously still not working.

I have run out of ideas and would appreciate anyones opinion on what may be the problem, or whether anyone has experienced something similar.

Thanks a lot.
Nick

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked that post yeah, and many other who seem to have the same problem as that one.

Mine is slightly different however. My firewire light remains lit, and my computer can detect the Alesis inputs and outputs. The problem is no signal seems to be going from the inputs into the computer (the LED lights dont even react to audio going in, however they do react during start up of the computer!)

Back