Alesis D4...any good?

Salabim

im thinking if getting a alesis d4 (or somthing similar) so i can set up some triggers to put on my kit to get some different sounds....

i havent really heard the quality of the sound extensively
is this a good idea? or not... :confused:

there alright. the D5 has better sounds and I am sure that there are other modules out there that have even better sounds then either. try it out and record something and let us all hear it. we will let you know what we think..... :D

Ed

I have a d4. It was my first electronic drumset. I made the pads/hardware out of radio shack piezo buzzers, particle board, drywall screws and several layers of thick industrial tractor innertube. It worked good for practicing and at one point I midi'd it but they were not enough good ride cymbals that I could swing with and the attack on snares was such that I could never play a buzz roll. Also the Hi-Hat is open or closed
unlike the roland stuff or the Yamaha stuff where your can have multiple adjustments to the hi-hat to play half open. D4's are cheap now though.

stuff like new samples, and more off them. probably a few new midi features and ways to import new sounds. the user interface is mostly similar. go to www.alesis.com and check out what they have to say about it.

Ed

Hey guys,

I rented a D-5 for a project earlier this year to do some drum replacement, and I fell in love with it. The next day I ordered an Alesis DM-Pro (their flagship drum module...for now, that is). You can't beat it, especially when you consider that it only costs $700 or so.

I would highly recommend picking up either the D-5 or the DM-Pro, depending upon your budget. One point I wanted to make was that I don't think that the D-5 allows you to load in new sounds whereas the DM-Pro allows you to access new sounds from a card. You can even make your own cards (and samples) using your computer and the DM-Pro.

I had a D-4. My church has it now. The biggest problem is running out of polyphony. Doing a fill around the kit then ending with a crash(I use it for the WHOLE kit), the crash will be cut off (most times). They are cheap nowadays, though...

Back