Alesis Adat Blackface noFo and er 9

FrancescoM

Hello i bought an Alesis Adat Blackface,i tried to press play but i get a noFo error and when i try to format my VHS i hear weird noises and a er 9 pops on the display,i opened the adat and i noticed that the tape stay still when i press the play button...what that could be? Thanks!

I'm v. rusty on ADATS, but I'll take a stab. Working from leaky memory and not tons of experience with ADATS, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Error messages can prevent the deck from proceeding. The transport mechanism is the weak link in an ADAT; it will set error messages very often. IF you can find a tech that worked on VHS machines, he should be able to fix the problem, but he/she'll be hard to find- it's been decades since VHS machines cost enough to fix instead of just trashing 'em and buying another one.

Good to be back, BTW.

ADATs are stone age. Get Reaper and an interface.

Thank you genius,nice way to solve problems. I DON'T want to buy other stuff,i already work with Pro Tools 9 and i have a RME Fireface 800. I like how my ADAT sound and i just want to fix it. By the way...It seems to be the Idler Wheel,i found a store selling this replacement part,ill let you know if i will be able to fix it.

Back