Alesis Adat blackface Drum Head

mr engineer

i was wondering.....when the head goes on my alesis adat blackface and or xt....is there a compatible head replacement other that alesis which are too expensive and or not available? i mean its just a vcr mechanism...surely you might be able to use a new head from aother manufacturer i.e sony or panasonic to do the job? any help appreciated

cheers
Daniel

I have a Blackface with a bad power supply that I'll sell you cheap(or trade ya somethin'?) if you end up needing parts.

Yeah, I would say you're best off either buying another machine for parts, or just buying another machine to replace it. A brand new head will cost way more than the machine is worth these days.

Raw-Tracks said:
Yeah, I would say you're best off either buying another machine for parts, or just buying another machine to replace it. A brand new head will cost way more than the machine is worth these days.

Not if he gets it from me. :)

ez_willis said:
Not if he gets it from me. :)
Are you offering to sell him a brand new head? I thought you were saying you had a used machine with a bad power supply. Are you saying you have a brand new machine with a bad power supply? :rolleyes:

yeah you can get a used adat for $150-$200 dollars. With a tech charging $75 an hour plus the cost of the part you're way over that amount. Just get another and be sure to check the drum hours. I remember when Adats cost $5000. Har har har har har .. .

love always and forever,
sweetnubs

Digital tape machines are just fancy boat anchors with pretty lights. I have 2 DA-88s that I spent $9000 on when new that aren't worth the $800 to fix them. If you go out and get a cheap ADAT interface, you can still use the converters in the machine as a front end.

Back