Alesis 12R Question?

Judd

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased a Behringer MX1604A mixer online, and I have experienced some problems. I am unable to receive a significant level from my keyboards in the stereo line inputs. I receive an average gain of -10db, with drops as low as -20db. I believe that my keyboards should produce higher gains than this, especially since their volumes are all of the way up. The sound is also rather muddy, even though the EQ is flat at 12 o'clock.

Needless to say, I am a little uneasy about exchanging the mixer for another Behringer. I was interested in paying the difference and buying the Alesis 12R. Is anyone using this mixer? Are you able to receive significant volume from keyboards through the line inputs--even with the TRIM turned down? I would like to receive levels as close to 0db as possible, since I am recording on a Roland VS1880 studio. I would like to be able to receive levels as close to this as possible without turning up the Trim on the Alesis. Is the Alesis a good choice? Also, is it quiet?

Thanks in advance for your responses. If you have read this, please disregard my post in the Other/ Review forum.

Judd

You would also have a similar problem with the 12R using your keyboard. I auditioned this piece of equipment and found it basically only useful in for sound re-inforcement and live sound and not for recording. It only has a 2-band eq of which I've noticed that
Alesis eq's are not musical enough.

Back