ADAT to PC interface

Dr Shock

I am using a Mackie 24 x 8 with two blackface ADATs
Recently I added a 2.2 gig processor PC and am wondering
if the best interface would be the RME HDSP 9652 Hammerfall DSP 24/96K Digital PCI Card or should I go with the MOTU 2048.
I am also wondering if I should forget about using the ADATS with my PC and would appreciate any comments on what a good course of action would be

thanks

Personally I use a 2408 mkII, now with a HD24 but originally with a couple of ADATs. Another guy here, Blue Bear, uses the Hammerfall. They're both way up to the job.

Thanks for the advice...in the long run, which do you think will be the best way to go ...the hammerfall or the Motu

I suppose that depends on your needs. The MOTU probably has more I/O if that's important to you. Twenty-four channels of ADAT in/out, twenty-four T/DIF in/out, eight analog in/outs plus the analog stereo control room out, S/PDIF in/out, word clock in/out. I like mine just fine. I've never had my hands on the Hammerfall to comment on it but for my particular needs, just the I/O difference between the two would swing me towards the MOTU. YMMV.

That does seem to give more flexibility for down the road.
Can you sync all 24 ADAT tracks at once? I have the BRC if that would help.. Once again, thanks for the help

Back