ADAT lightpipe to SONAR 5

T.K. Scott

ADAT inputs missing from input source choices (in SONAR 5)

Trying to transfer 8 tracks of ADAT tape to SONAR.

Old Blackface ADAT into MOTU Traveler and then to SONAR 5 Producers.

Tapes play from ADAT thru lightpipe into MOTU software with no problems. MOTU software see's all 8 tracks with meters jumping and I hear the audio thru the MOTU headphone jack. Problem is when I'm in SONAR my input choices don't show ADAT inputs (although MOTU see's them and calls them ADAT 1-8)

I tried changing the output in MOTU settings to plain audio out but SONAR doesn't see that either (even when recording is armed)

Not using any sinc cable because I just want the audio (not sync'ing to anything) everything is flowing thru the chain until it gets to SONAR inputs choices and Im stumped.

Please help.

T.K. Scott from Detroit

Problem is when I'm in SONAR my input choices don't show ADAT inputs (although MOTU see's them and calls them ADAT 1-8)
Has this ever been a working set uo, i.e. drivers installed, does Cake' see any of the I/O's?
I use RME (which is very straight forward) but I also have an E-MU on this web machine that has to have its mixer' and routing configured to pass audio to 'Cake (what a PITA :p
Just tossing stuff out here..

Has this ever been a working set uo, i.e. drivers installed, does Cake' see any of the I/O's?
I use RME (which is very straight forward) but I also have an E-MU on this web machine that has to have its mixer' and routing configured to pass audio to 'Cake (what a PITA :p
Just tossing stuff out here..

thanks for the fast reply.....

Yes, it has been working great for years (I just never tried importing thru lightpipe until now) and SONAR see's all the other inputs (1-8 plus SPDIF and AES) just not the ADAT.

MOTU software see's all inputs and the meters show all inputs working and I can hear all 8 tracks of ADAT working (in the MOTU headphone jack) but there has to be a way to record them to SONAR (as 8 individual tracks. I could do a stereo dump but thats not what I want)

Back