What do you all think about the MPC 4000????

Trak said:

But does it have a 60 gig hard drive? Does it support multisampled instruments? Can it take 256MB RAM?

no... and i don't care... i don't need all that.. 64 megs and fast scsi will be fine...

http://www.yamahasynth.com/pro/rs7000/index.html

nice to have onboard compression... it can also resample the rom sounds and shit... mostly i want it for the sequencer and the sampler (i haven't EVER used more than 20 megs of samples for a choon) but i like the rom sounds too, especially the percussion..
nice big ass sequencer..

Babycham

I'm sellin da MPC 3000 wit zip 100 drive 32megs ram and smpte option for da low price of $1400 (and rememba dis is a collectors item) the proteus I am sellin for $450

I am also sellin my Korg Triton wit 48 megs of ram and scsi option for $1,600

I'm sellin da Mackie d8b for $6,000

I'm sellin da Mackie HDR for $2,600

I'm sellin da JV-2080 for $800 and dis includes da hip hop card and sessions card

Chriss said:

no... and i don't care... i don't need all that.. 64 megs and fast scsi will be fine...

U say dat now

Chriss said:

nice to have onboard compression...

so does da MPC 4000

Chriss said:

it can also resample the rom sounds and shit...

Well da MPC 4000 is a sampler and u can sample dat yamaha and have em both.

Chriss said:

mostly i want it for the sequencer and the sampler

sounds like u need da MPC 4000

Chriss said:

(i haven't EVER used more than 20 megs of samples for a choon) but i like the rom sounds too, especially the percussion..
nice big ass sequencer..

if u r not inta creatively sculptin yo sound and depend on preset sounds den da yamaha is for u but if u are a samplin maniac den da MPC 4000 is for ya.

SPIN PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT....

I messed wit da yamaha and dont get me wrong its a very nice piece but for yo situation da MPC 4000 is better considerin it records in wave files so can can transfer ta computer very easy. I like dis function yamaha has where u jus hit a couple buttons and it automatically puts dem onna beat like an arpeggiator but I'm pretty sure the MPC 4000 has dat also. I also like how u can normalize yo samples goin into the MPC 4000 makes yo work cut down to a mininum.

Also if u get da MPC 4000 I will go down ta guitar center and sample da yamaha for u if u want dem sounds, but ta me da yamaha is a cool piece ta have after da MPC.

Here's a visual

Guess some guy is sellin it half price on ebay....
i got tha link if ya want it

Attachments

• mpc4000.jpg
    mpc4000.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 20
YEAH AND I FOUND SOMETHIN I DIDNT LIKE

So far everything on the MPC 4000 is great except for the fact dat its a sampler more than a MPC. It has a feature where it does what they call,"ONE SHOT" when u hit da pad it triggers the sound, but when u hit da pad again it doesnt cut off the sample and restart, what it does is continues the sample until the end of the sample, so if u were to hit da pad 2 times it will play the sample two times all the way thru instead of stopin the sample where u hit the pad last. Its hard to explain but it was a feature the I used da most onna MPC 3000. I also couldnt load MPC 3000 file for some reason which really PISSED ME OFF.

IT FUCKIN CRASHED ON ME LIKE 9 TIMES, but only when tryin ta load sounds from scsi zip and jaz with MPC 3000 sounds. I believe it had something to do with the 4000 havin a 50 pin scsi and my zip havin a 25 pin scsi with a 50 pin adapter. I will be calling AKAI to see whas goin on and post back.

XELFISH said:
Well da MPC 4000 is a sampler and u can sample dat yamaha and have em both.

sho´ can´t afford that...

if u r not inta creatively sculptin yo sound and depend on preset sounds den da yamaha is for u but if u are a samplin maniac den da MPC 4000 is for ya.

i'm close to finding that comment offensive. You see, i sculpture my sound using my novation supernova, an ASM synth. I rarely have need for any other twisted sound than what the supernova can produce, and mind you, it can produce sounds you can only dream of making on a sampler - you would have to sample the supernova to get those sounds...

so please... i know about all the mpc's features, and i bet it's neat and all if you wanna rely on sampling and rom sounds, but i don't. I rely on my synthesizer... i.e. I don't need a monster hardwired beast with endless ram and shit. All i need is mostly a sequencer (and I LOVE the rs7000 sequencer) and a sampler for percussion and a few vocals and funky samples... Buying an mpc would be totally stupid, since i'd rather want an extra synthesizer than a bigger sampler...

What a waste of dough. 512 megs of ram...hardrive....sounds like an overpriced pc. I replaced my piece of trash mpc2000xl with reason, when reason first hit the market. Things have never been the same. I've had'em all asr-10, mpc 60, k-2000, triton (talk about overated!). Gimme my pc with the 20bit gina through a tla1 valve interface(for those of you who say digital is cold-----oh bull sh*t) to the vs2480 thru the hr824's and its what you talkin bout willis. A good pc or laptop and you have $2500 left to work with. Oh yeah it samples while the sequencer plays, then you put it through recycle back into redrum and twist some filters, and rewire to cubase and record a song.....on the same machine.

U BOTH HAVE VALID POINTS............

It depends on wha u want, I'm into chopping and changing samples so dere is where my needs are, as u say u like keyboard sounds an dats where yo needs are.

As for the novation I totally agree wit u dere as well.

The MPC 4000 is a big computer but u get all the inputs and outputs u need, a full pro sampler, pads to trigger, enuff memory, and cdrw all in 1 box, I would love to see u carry yo computer or yo FUCKIN KEYBOARD around like u can an MPC 4000.

MOST PEOPLE BY ACCORDING TO DERE SITUATION, I gave people a reason to buy it and u give people a reason to buy a computer with seperate pads, a keyboard, a monitor, mouse and keyboard, which is cool. I like being able to travel wit my piece dats all.

NOW DA LAPTOP THING........

I must say is a good idea although I dont believe the keyboard on dat laptop was designed ta be BEATIN on, FEEL ME. I am going dat route as well.

Back