MPC Studio

fetuslasvegas

Señor Member
Is anyone out there using the MPC Studio? I was going to get a 1k, but then I saw the Studio is out. I would like to know what you think of it. I produce hip hop and have an MPD16 which I use for sampling and drums, is it worth the $600 to get those 'MPC sounds'?

Im no expert, but im pretty sure the mpc studio is just a midi controller, that comes with the software that comes with the renaisence and its probably been specificly designed for use with that softwars, and thats why its so expensive, So with an mpc studio yor not going to get the classic 'mpc sound' you get on old hip hop records, i would go with the mpc 1000, its cheaper and probably better for someone who hasnt used one before

Im no expert, but im pretty sure the mpc studio is just a midi controller, that comes with the software that comes with the renaisence and its probably been specificly designed for use with that softwars, and thats why its so expensive, So with an mpc studio yor not going to get the classic 'mpc sound' you get on old hip hop records, i would go with the mpc 1000, its cheaper and probably better for someone who hasnt used one before

Thanks for your input music man... the 1k is actually more expensive than the studio at about $1k hahaha, the studio is a midi controller, which is nice because you no longer are at the mercy of the limited storage and processing power of your MPC (I doubt they will ever come out with a 3.2GHz 8 core MPC with 32GHz of ram)... The other thing is, the studio comes with a huge library of samples including the sounds of such classic units as the 3k...

Which brings me back to: Is there anyone out there using it, and what is your experience?

Thanks again!!

Personally I'm biting on the Ableton (Akai) Push. I'm rationalizing the hell out of it by telling myself I'm getting a drum machine, a pad controller, and an Ableton LIVE control surface all wrapped up into one.

The Studio has more sounds no question.

Personally I'm biting on the Ableton (Akai) Push. I'm rationalizing the hell out of it by telling myself I'm getting a drum machine, a pad controller, and an Ableton LIVE control surface all wrapped up into one.

The Studio has more sounds no question.

Cool, the push seemed like it was suited much more towards live performance to me, but then again so did the APC 40, which I've been using for mixing and arrangement and I love it. An MPC is inevitable as I am producing hip hop, and I don't think my MPD will keep me happy forever, but I haven't figured out a way to rationalize $600 for an MPC sample pack essentially...

Cool, the push seemed like it was suited much more towards live performance to me, but then again so did the APC 40, which I've been using for mixing and arrangement and I love it. An MPC is inevitable as I am producing hip hop, and I don't think my MPD will keep me happy forever, but I haven't figured out a way to rationalize $600 for an MPC sample pack essentially...

I'm not a musician, only an enabler for my musically inclined children, and among the issues that I'm fighting as I flesh out the studio are to avoid (a) paying for redundancy, and (b) getting immersed in 'sample madness'.

I view the Push as a superset of an APC40 (albeit without sliders); a pad controller/drum machine cum control surface. On the upside I like the combined functionality as it requires less real estate and keeps keeps everything close at hand. The 'problem' with the Push is that (insofar as I'm aware) it has virtually no samples, being wholly dependent on the Ableton application for sounds.

The reason I don't really see this as a problem is that with the Push I'm avoiding 'sample madness'. Sample madness is that marketing precept that you need 500 different drum kits, 185 different types of acoustic piano sounds, etc., available. One of the glaring 'features' of the Maschine is it's massive library. I appreciate why manufactures provide such functionality, but I don't want to pay for it... 10 different drum kits are plenty as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a musician, only an enabler for my musically inclined children, and among the issues that I'm fighting as I flesh out the studio are to avoid (a) paying for redundancy, and (b) getting immersed in 'sample madness'.

I view the Push as a superset of an APC40 (albeit without sliders); a pad controller/drum machine cum control surface. On the upside I like the combined functionality as it requires less real estate and keeps keeps everything close at hand. The 'problem' with the Push is that (insofar as I'm aware) it has virtually no samples, being wholly dependent on the Ableton application for sounds.

The reason I don't really see this as a problem is that with the Push I'm avoiding 'sample madness'. Sample madness is that marketing precept that you need 500 different drum kits, 185 different types of acoustic piano sounds, etc., available. One of the glaring 'features' of the Maschine is it's massive library. I appreciate why manufactures provide such functionality, but I don't want to pay for it... 10 different drum kits are plenty as far as I'm concerned.

I hear ya!! Part of the fun in production is customizing the sounds you have into your own... With the Push you should be able to save yourself quite a bit of redundancy, just invest in a Behringer BCF2000 for mixing..

I have an MPC studio. I have owned it for almost 3 months, the same amount of time I have actually been producing my music. Like you, I also produce mainly hip-hop. The MPC studio is awesome. It had amazing features and the hardware itself is built very well. I bought mine at Americanmusical.com, and at the time Amazon had it for $340 and AMS matched the price! I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Here is my latest work…

Why do you say that? As to the OP: If you know where to look you can find 100's of GB's of sounds and samples totally free. And I'm not talking about the illegal(stealing) downloading of proprietary sounds and samples. And to the parent who responded: You are exactly right! Until your children master the sounds and equipment that you've been kind enough to purchase for them already, spending more money is un-necessary.
ive purchased the maschine studio instead of the mpc studio because i didnt know about the mpc's. i would have rather bought the mpc instead if i could turn back time!

Back