Beginner having a couple issues with an Akai EIE

RTWmaniac

When I use audio output jacks 1 and 2, I only get sound through my left speaker. Jacks 3 and 4 don't give me anything. The headphone jack gives me sound through both speakers.

Also, I'm getting sufficient volume from my computer (via USB connection to the EIE) but the volume is a little low when plugging a keyboard into any of the channel inputs.

I'm pretty new to all this and have no idea what I'm doing.

When I use audio output jacks 1 and 2, I only get sound through my left speaker. Jacks 3 and 4 don't give me anything. The headphone jack gives me sound through both speakers.

Also, I'm getting sufficient volume from my computer (via USB connection to the EIE) but the volume is a little low when plugging a keyboard into any of the channel inputs.

I'm pretty new to all this and have no idea what I'm doing.

Well, you have been around a while...

You should at least give what software (DAW) you are using. Maybe a hint of what system you are running?...

Just give a little bit to go on. :)

Well, you have been around a while...

You should at least give what software (DAW) you are using. Maybe a hint of what system you are running?...

Just give a little bit to go on. :)

Sorry, I figured these problems had everything to do with the EIE and not my PC. I'm using Reaper in Windows 8.

Its your EIE...I think youve got it monitoring the live signal rather than whats actually going through your daw. I forget what knob/switch it is but make sure you have track monitor turned on on your daw tracks and turn the knob/flick the switch near the headphone socket

Back