APC mini & Ableton live 8 midi configuration problems

Weasel Squeezer

Hi there,

I have just got an APC mini . When trying to set it up on the midi sync page the apc mini appears in the drop down boxes of the midi in and out sections but not the midi surface menu (there is all sorts of other midi surfaces). I have confirmed that the APC is not fully supported for live 8 on the Akai pro website information section. Pretty pissed off as it is meant to just plug and play. I have read a thread elsewhere that it has something to do with midi (phython) scripts which completely goes over my head. Does anyone know of a patch out there which will allow me to use my APC mini with Live 8?

Thanks,

Alan

As far as I know these only work with Live 9 unless someone writes a custom script for it its not going to work.

It might be worth dropping akai a line as nowhere in there list of requirements does it state what version of ableton live you need.

Thanks,

Re the midi scripts. This seems to be the picture I'm getting from the forums.

That's a fair point about akai not stating software requirements and one that I will raise with them.

Cheers

Alan

I thought Ableton Live Lite 9 comes with it? I don't even see Ableton Live anything listed as a requirement, presumably because it's included. Coincidentally, I just ordered one last night, along with the Novation Launch Controller, for a total of $149 from B&H.

you should look at the launchpad and the launchpad95 scripts...its fricken excellent, like a mini push

amazing for free huh?

Im using it with four volcas and an minAPC to launch the clips, great fun

btw free hybrid 3 with APC...bit EDM, but free??

Back