akai MPC 1000 (new)

gkowal

guys probably most of you know that akai is comming out with a new MPC 1000 the smallest of all. I have a question ...do you thing that the new mpc will have the same FAT HIP HOP sound as the previous ones? anybody knows the price? i know it is comming out in the mid september so it is very soon..

they mfsr is supposed to be around $1200 so it'll probably be a $999.99 when it first drops and six months after that probably $950-899....

I wish this thing sounded like an ENSONIQ sampler....
I'd sell my shit in a second... Probably sounds the same though..

why esoniq

why do you want it to sound like ENSONIQ? what is the sound of ENSOniQ? got any examples??

transfering MPC2000 files to the 1000 ?

it looks cool fa real, but there's no way to save existing samples !

It has a MB chip which is cool, but the only way it seems to save existing samples made by an MPC 2000, is the make a CD of them or wave and import them back into the MPC 1000.

then you only have to hope it will be compatible

oddly enough
S9000
S2000
dont interact with samples made on the MPC2000
or vice versa

but it looks cool, hell I hardly even use my MPC, I'm just looking for a reason to sell it.

((That damn new gear lust bug is lingering)) :D

I'm just looking for a reason to sell it.
Ya know if this lil bitch got resample and can sample through the efx it'll automatically take a fat one to the 2000? Just thought i'd shoot a reason by you.

But yeah the ENSONIQ boxes just got a nice headroom or some shit. They just sounds good to me... EPS, ASR10, and X all seems to have a classy clean sound. Like the samples have more snap... Better high and mids or something.... MPC2000 seems to have a kinda dull (not really) but nice clean sound... Less coloring.... Hard to explain.... I think if you get some dope convertors and sample through the digital input on the MPC you can get a better sound.

Back