akai mg1214 service manual

ajlin18

just picked this machine up and it needs some tlc but i would love get ahold of the elusive service manual if anyone has it. thanks.

Hi there, I was wondering if you ever had any luck in trying to source a service manual for the mg1214 or if any other kind soul out there has it? I've just recently acquired one and am going to need to do a bit of work on it. There's a couple on ebay but as I'm in the uk they're going to be around £55 including postage which isn't that much less than I paid for the machine .......I tried akai and akai professional and neither of them want to take responsibility for producing it.......
I understand that it was a while since you posted this thread so no worries if not...

Cheeers

Ben

just picked this machine up and it needs some tlc but i would love get ahold of the elusive service manual if anyone has it. thanks.

Hi there, I was wondering if you ever had any luck in trying to source a service manual for the mg1214 or if any other kind soul out there has it? I've just recently acquired one and am going to need to do a bit of work on it. There's a couple on ebay but as I'm in the uk they're going to be around £55 including postage which isn't that much less than I paid for the machine .......I tried akai and akai professional and neither of them want to take responsibility for producing it.......
I understand that it was a while since you posted this thread so no worries if not...

Cheeers

Ben

Hi Ben,
Heh...It's been 7 years since he asked but I feel your pain. I was seeking an Akai MG614 service manual for a loooong time with no joy.
In the end my issues were with the mechablock which is common to some other Akai machines (GX52?) so I was able to get service manuals covering that particular part.

What's up with your machine? Maybe it's something someone here can help with?

Hey Steenamaroo, thanks for the reply, I only just noticed it, so apologies for the silence. My problem seems to be a pretty common one........The loading mechanism all works fine but there's an issue with the transport, when you press play the tape is fed through (I believe it is just the capstan that is carrying it through) so all the tape just gets pulled around into the machine, ff and rew don't do anything either. I'm just trying to get access to the motors so I can see if they are getting the correct voltages and they are failing or if it's further back and there's an issue with the motor control or switching.......everything else seems to be ok with the machine, so I'm pretty keen to get it going.
Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received....

Cheers

HA! Fixed it! It was actually pretty straight forward, there's an idler wheel from the drive motor that had perished and needed a bit of greasing, replaced it and it all seems fine, all a bit crackly and there's an occasional earthing noise with certain movements but seems like a general clean up should sort that out.

Thanks very much for your help though. If anyone else has the same problem I can describe the order of disassembly.

Cheers

Ben

Back