Using FCB 1010 with Ableton live?

waspenterprises

Hey all --

So I just finally got everything to set up my FCB 1010 with Ableton live -- the FCB, Ableton itself, a midi to midi cord, and an m-audio m-track.

Using this, my setup is: guitar into left side of M-track, FCB into right side of the M-track. M-track into computer.

Problem is, I can't find it in Ableton. I've used MIDI devices with Ableton before, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It's not even that I can't map things to the FCB (which I'm certain will be another problem in itself hurrr). However, the OTHER midi device I've used, an M-Audio keyboard, plugs directly into the USB (rather than MIDI device into M-track into USB).

Thanks in advance.

Also, to use the words of Michael Scott, explain it to me like I'm a 3 year old.

When you say FCB into the right side, what exactly ware you plugging it into? THe "right side" is extremely vague. SInce you said the guitar is plugged intot he left side, I'm assuming you plugged that into an audio input, so when you say the FCB is plugged into the right, I'm assuming you meant an audio input again; and that would be wrong.

The FCB is a midi controller, needs to be plugged into a midi port.

If you did, indeed plug it into a midi port, then Ableton needs to find it. I'm not familiar with Ableton, but there should some type of midi port mapping function.

When you say FCB into the right side, what exactly ware you plugging it into? THe "right side" is extremely vague. SInce you said the guitar is plugged intot he left side, I'm assuming you plugged that into an audio input, so when you say the FCB is plugged into the right, I'm assuming you meant an audio input again; and that would be wrong.

The FCB is a midi controller, needs to be plugged into a midi port.

If you did, indeed plug it into a midi port, then Ableton needs to find it. I'm not familiar with Ableton, but there should some type of midi port mapping function.

Whoops, here. I did say I was plugging into my m-track, so when I say right side I mean --

http://www.gearnuts.com/images/items/1800/MTrack-xlarge.jpg

Guitar is in the left side guitar input (the side with a 1 in a circle), and FCB1010 is in the right side MIDI input (side labeled with a 2 in a circle). This is a MIDI to MIDI chord, then the M-track goes to the USB.

Back