Realistic natural sounds with MIDI-instruments possible in Ableton?

anarchipur

I got Ableton Lite 9 and compose my own song ideas with drums, bass, guitar & vocals - just for a rock band. It works perfect for song drafts but the sound of the MIDI guitars and bass guitars is easily synthetic. The instrument set of Ableton Lite is very restricted to just some guitars and even no bass guitars.

Now I want to make real production of songs in Ableton with realistic, natural sounding MIDI-drums, MIDI-guitars and MIDI-bass guitars. I actually want to simulate a band sound.

Is it possible to achieve this with one of the higher versions of ableton or alternatively with just a guitar and a bass guitar pack?

Or should I use external plugins like the native instruments bass and guitar VSTs?

Thank you!

Your are totaly right about this. You should invest in some proper plugins or find some free vst's. if you want natural sounding bass guitar sounds Check out this article: Top 50 Best Bass Synths and Guitars VST Plugins [Updated]. This is actually your best bet when it comes to bass guitar sounds. but also the native instruments bundle called Komplete will also be packed with stuff like that.

Cheers Roy:thumbs up:

It's never going to sound like a real band. The bass and drums will get closer, guitars not so much. You're better off making electronic music.

Back