R - L panning w/ expression pedal and center w/ button on different MIDI controller?

MichelDeQuevedo

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to Ableton and MIDI (and to this forum!) so I am not sure if what I am trying to do is not possible or if I am just doing everything wrong!

My main goal is to do live looping, I have a Boss RC-300 so I will be using Ableton Live mainly as a synth and an effects processor.

I am running Ableton Live 9 on a mbp and setting up a FCB1010 and an Oxygen 49 to control it.

What I am trying to do is this, I want to be able to control each track's pan and volume with the FCB1010 expression pedals ( I have succeeded in that so far) and have buttons set on the Oxygen to reset them ( pan to center and volume to 0db )

I've set the FCB to transmit on channel 1 and the Oxygen on channel 2, I though that would allow me to assign 2 different controllers to the same knob/fader but I was mistaken.

Has anyone been able to do this? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michel.

P.S. Another thing I tried was to do it with a pedal on the FCB1010, but I was only able to do a 2-step function, pressing the pedal once will do a hard right, pressing it again a hard left, is there any way to get a 3rd press to center?

Last edited:
Ok, over a hundred views and no replies... makes me wonder if it is a really dumb question or if I am the dumb one by thinking that what I am trying to do is possible... lol!

Not a lot of people do Ableton here. I don't have it open at the moment. But, this might give you an idea. I didn't watch it all, but looks like it os going in the direction you are looking for.

Back