quick question about multiple harddrives

Serenity

Hello friends,

I have a 2009 Imac that I recently upgraded from 4GB to 20GB of memory because don"t have funds for new computer. I decided to purchase an SSD drive and a 3rd spinning drive as Ableton recommends. I have a brand new 7200 1TB drive already in my computer as Apple had a recall and I received a new drive.

Question. What size SSD drive would you recommend purchasing as well as a 2nd external drive. Which external drive typically takes up more storage: the drive for samples/libraries or drive for projects. I am ordering everything today so as soon as I get a few responses from experienced users, I am going to make my purchase. I am buying everything from Other World Computing (OWC) - Performance Upgrades For Your Mac.

Thanks

9 views and no one has advice. Maybe you are newbies like me and can't answer. Just waiting for answer. Thanks

Sorry. I only have an excuse for myself, had to vacuum the place so they don't see my funk when the new client comes in in a few min..
I don't use librarys' so can't say there. But what's the price dif between a 500 gig and a 1Terabite? $50 maybe?
BTW, do you mean one or two externals.. or do you plan on one set going on the C drive?
..Don't forget your backup drive(s)

Back