Need help with Ableton lite and focusrite 2i4 2nd gen

WeldPhaser

hello,

ok So here is my dilemma, I was using a used yamaha auiogram6, So i got Steinberg to give me Cubase AI LE. I had to use a usb e-licenser controller to reactivate Cubase.

So Saturday night I purchased a new Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen, which comes with a whole bunch of VSt's , effects , and loops , and Ableton lite. when I first got the Focusrite, I opened up Cubase It work fine in there, then yesterday I tried to open Cubase it wouldn't open , saying my registration was no good. I'm thinking it recognized I changed ASIO drivers from the asio yamaha to the Focusrite ASIO IDK,

So I uninstalled Cubase , and Installed ableton lite, now the focusrite comes with a ton of VST's , effects, and like 2GB of loops . I didn't install any of them before I uninstalled cubase. and when i tried to install the first plug-in(red 2-3 suite) . It wanted to install it in the steinberg folder, so I tried to have it go to the ableton presets folder, but it won't show up in ableton and i looked in all the folders.(user library, audio effects , or anywhere.

So i haven't downloaded any of the other vst's or loops yet untili get this figured out. the steinberg folder doesn't exist on my HD anymore so why does it wanna put it there.

Any help is appreciated

Back