Multiple midi CC# on one single knob

Mikelundy

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my Yamaha DX200 and Ableton midi, I spent hours looking on internet and trying to find a way, but nothing worked.

So I basically want to control the DX200 as a soundmodule on Ableton.
What I do is program a pattern on the DX200, then on Ableton I build my track by arranging the pattern by drawing automations (filter, attack, decay etc.)

I have been able to map all the knobs on Ableton, each knobs have only one midi CC# except those from the Modulator section - that we can see on those screens

DX2.jpg

Bq9ej.png

The buttons "Harmonic", "FM Depth" and "Decay" have three midi CC# dedicated to each of their knob. So for example if I want to draw an automation of the "Harmonic" button, I have to draw it three times, because the three CC# have to be mapped on three differents macro on Ableton (can't map multiple CC# on one single knob - it automatically replace the last one)

DX1.jpg

DX.jpg

It work, but the problem is that it's not convenient at all. I would like to have one single knob that can control those three different CC#.

Does anyone know a way to do that?

Thanks

M.

I think the best way to accomplish this is to create a new blank instrument rack on a new MIDI channel and then drag and drop your existing drum rack into the new instrument rack. Now you will have a new set of macros for the instrument rack. Go to the drum rack you dragged in and click the map option, now you can map the mod 1-3 macros to one of the macros for the instrument rack. Now you can automate the single instrument rack macro you mapped the mods to. This is one of my favorite features in Live.

Hope this helps!
-t-

Back