Mapping the TAP tempo button to a midi note

Joeloduca

Help! I can't figure this out. I just bought Live 9, I want to do something simple like map a MIDI note on (lets say C7) to essentially become my tap tempo key. I've seen 1 youtube video of a guy doing that but he doesn't explain any computer keys he is hitting to put things in the correct configuration mode to start accepting MIDI note on's for a tap tempo. All he does is click the "MIDI" on the top right... talks about the concept a little... then clicks on the TAP button on the top left of LIVE.. For him it shows his note number.. For me it does absolutely nothing.. --- For me, I click the MIDI button on the top right and successfully get into the configuration aspect of live. But from there, clicking on TAP does nothing. I can navigate to the MIDI Mappings window where channel, Note/control, path etc show but underneath is blank... I've tried hitting every key to put in some entry... not happening... midi i/o works in this system plus I set up in the preferences of live 1 generic keyboard so live has a midi keyboard there. what am I doing wrong? This should be simple..

Back