Live Vocal Automation per Scene

eldowns

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Ableton, but learning quickly. Here's something I'm trying to do that I can't figure out:

I'm a drummer running backing tracks for a set. The lead singer of the group would like various effects (reverb, delay, distortion, etc.) processed on his vocal in real time, sometimes changing at different sections of the song (i.e. distortion on the chorus).

Currently, I have scenes set up for each song with their appropriate backing tracks and it all works perfectly. Now for him, I've opened an audio track and sent his mic through the input. I get signal, it flows through my interface and Ableton and out my mains to the PA. I've set up aux tracks/sends for the various effects, and processing sounds good on them. The only thing I can't figure out is how to automate the sends from his audio track to the sends, mostly turning effects on and off at different parts of the songs. When I switch to arrange view, I can draw the automation, but I can't seem to figure out how to create different sets of automation per scene/song. I hope this makes sense.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this myself?

Back