Introduction + request for help

Keytown Cowboy

Hello everybody,

First post here so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Robert van Voorden, professional guitarist/guitar teacher living in Leiden, The Netherlands. I've been using Ableton for a couple of years, mainly to record demos of orginal songs for my bands and to records study material
for my students. Ableton came as a free trial with an effect pedal I bought. I liked it, upgraded to 8 and stuck with it ever since.

Currently I'm working on a couple of guitar instrumentals I want to put on my website (Robert van Voorden - GITARIST / SONGWRITER / GITAARLERAAR uit Leiden). This is not working out at the moment as I was hoping it would, mainly because the sound I'm getting from the recordings is not up to par. Things keep sounding like demos instead of full and professional sounding productions.

Which leads me to my question: I am looking for somebody with experience in the field of mixing/mastering to finish one of my songs. My request is to only use effects etc. found in Ableton Live 8. That way I can use it as a kind of template for other songs to learn to mix by myself. I tried some guide books so far but I think a kind of hands-on approach would work for me better.

The song is in the country-rock style. It consists of drums (drums on demand), bassguitar, 1 electric and 1 acoustic rhythm guitar, and 1 or two lead guitar tracks.

I can offer a small financial compensation. Think somewhere between low-budget and no-budget. ;-)

I hope some of you might be interested; I realize my instrument and genre for this song are maybe not the first things you associate with Ableton but music is music right ;-) PM me if you're interested.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all of you,

Robert van Voorden

Sorry, I'm a Reason person so I can't help much with Ableton, but did you notice one of the pictures on your website is backwards?

While Ableton is more associated with EDM, it is a fully capable DAW. I record all of my music in Ableton (I track live in Reaper as Reaper requires less resources). I don't think I could help with mixing/mastering as my talents are just not quiet up to a high enough level. But I would be more than happy to assist you and then you can use the MP3 mixing clinic to dial it in as there are many very good ears on this board.

Back