How do you save "setlists"?

mikemorgan

panned out
Ok, I've got songs and loops loaded horizontally. Each Horizontal bank represents the next song in my setlist. Is it better to save the entire project and "collect" the data as a whole, or should I save each song as a project?

If I save each song as a project, how do I import it alongside the next song in my setlist?

Hope this makes sense.

Ok, I've got songs and loops loaded horizontally. Each Horizontal bank represents the next song in my setlist. Is it better to save the entire project and "collect" the data as a whole, or should I save each song as a project?

If I save each song as a project, how do I import it alongside the next song in my setlist?

Hope this makes sense.

I have about 80 or so songs in my one Ableton project. I only have one project that constantly is being added to. There's probably different ways of doing it, depending on how you like to work.

For me, I don't use set lists. I've found that when I decide before a gig that my first song will be "Fire" by Hendrix that when I get to the gig it's old folks eating their supper and I end up playing "Misty". So a long time ago I gave up on deciding what I was going to play before I went on stage. I love not knowing. :)

So what I need is to be able to do any song at any time. I don't want to have to load a song while I'm playing another.

I'm gonna try to convert all my midi snippets to actual wave files. This could make the project 2 or 3 gigs. Do you forsee any problems in this approach? besides the initial loadup time?

Dinty, you showed me how to drag midi into Ableton banks, can I do the same with .wav tracks from Sonar?

I think I'm starting to see the light.

I'm gonna try to convert all my midi snippets to actual wave files. This could make the project 2 or 3 gigs. Do you forsee any problems in this approach? besides the initial loadup time?

That's "more normal" than the way I do it with all MIDI files, I think that's what Ableton was designed to do. For various reasons I have tended away from that and continue to use only MIDI files, but I admit that it brings up problems you don't have with audio files and i don't see you having any problem doing that.

... Dinty, you showed me how to drag midi into Ableton banks, can I do the same with .wav tracks from Sonar?

I don't see why not. I've dragged AIF's and mp3's right from the desktop to Ableton and they work fine.

Dinty, you showed me how to drag midi into Ableton banks, can I do the same with .wav tracks from Sonar?

I think I'm starting to see the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHlOiy-ZlDk&p=1582933D843AEF1B&playnext=1&index=48

This is a really great Live-set

Changing from MIDI to wav is really beneficial as you can store multiple instruments on 1 track instead of having a lot of MIDI tracks. And you can choose to have any automation be recorder as well, which might make things easier live.

Back