Hi All New Here i need help with plug in for Ableton

nitros

hi,

it's my first post here, i got ableton suite 9 but i'm not able to find the plugins, inside the folder on the top left is empty, i tried to look everywhere i can't find them, so i would like to ask you if suite 9 comes with any stock plugins? if so where can i download them or even better if someone can share them with me?

Thank You

Thank you, but seem I don't have them, could you please tell some names of them so I can try to see if there are in different folder?

If you purchased the suite, you log in and download the packs. Your account when you log in will let you know what packs you have as a part of the suite.

I have some packs and max for live, what I would like to know is why my plug in folder is empty? Or should be there some plug in?

Plug ins are separate from the Ableton packs. When you look at the structure of Ableton, you see Browse, then categories: Drums, Instruments, Audio Effects, MIDI, Max for Live. When you expand those, these are the Ableton Packs.

When you install third party VST or VSTi's they will be in the plugin folder. To find where that is:

Open Live's preferences by pressing [ctrl][,] on your keyboard.
Navigate to the File/Folder tab.
Under "Plug-In Sources" please select the folder, where the VST plug-in DLLs have been installed to.

Not sure, but I think Ableton only allows one folder/directory. So when you install your plug in, make sure it installs the dll to that folder. It will usually ask where the plug in folder is. Once you have in stalled, rescan in Ableton, it should pick it up.

Once again, Ableton packs are installed by clicking on the ALP file. Then it gets put into once of Ableton's categories.

Hope this helps.

ok, can you please tell me a name of a plug in that comes as stock with ableton 9 suite, so i can check as you suggested?

In Ableton, they are not plugins, they are expansion packs since they really integrate into the system.

As a part of the base suite:

- Comes with 34 x studio-quality effects, including the Amp classic guitar amp simulator, the Cabinet guitar cabinet emulator, and the Corpus acoustic resonance modeler
- 10 x powerhouse virtual instruments include Analog, Collision, Electric, Operator, Sampler, Tension, and more
- Bundled with a complete version of Cycling 74's Max for Live programming platform so you can make your own instruments and effects
- 13 x included Max for Live devices make creating your own tools fun and easy
- VST and Audio Unit support lets you use all of your favorite plug-ins and virtual instruments
- Bundled with 25 x amazing content filled sound expansion packs
- Includes 7 x powerful MIDI effects such as a flexible arpeggiator and a chord generator

That should give you a idea of what you have.

ok, can you please tell me a name of a plug in that comes as stock with ableton 9 suite, so i can check as you suggested?

I think I can help with this misunderstanding;
"PLUGINS" are going to be added BY YOU, installed typically by downloading them from their makers.
These will typically be installed into;
C:\Program files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins for 64 bit systems
or, C:\Program files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins for 32 bit systems

Make sure in your preferences>FILE/FOLDER (at the bottom you have "Use VST custom folder ON (yellow)
because most third party "plugins" will install there... Make sure they do. If not choose a custom install
not the default they have) and pick the install folder for your system (I'm using Windows in this example.

NOW, I THINK you're talking about the AUDIO EFFECTS that come WITH Live 9 when you install IT
These are NOT "packs." You ARE able to download some free packs though and you shoud. LOTS of
great sounds, clips, samples and additional audio effects come with them, and they're FREE

So, in your browser click on "Audio Effects" in the left column. BAM!!! TONS of BASIC (no bells whistles
or really cool graphics) but they get the job done mostly. I have a Focusrite 2i2 USB interface, and THAT
comes with the ability to download and add Scarlett plugins (EQ/COMP/GATE/REVERB) and RED 2 (EQ) and
RED 3 (Compression) You may like one more than another, and I even use both sometimes on different tracks
because I like it better... the caboose to this train of thought;
THEY will install to your "Custom VST folder, and if you look at your "PLUGINS" in the browser THEY will be
there.

Remember; AUDIO EFFECTS is all the basic stuff that comes WITH the Live 9 install already.
PLUGINS is what you ADD afterwards. PACKS are added afterwards also, and will come with
(if you're lucky) other audio effects.

Choices you've GOT!

Hey did I hep? Or just pi$$ people off? lol!
btw, (if you see this)
SORRY DM60, I didn't' mean to step on anybody's toes but I just
thought you were both misunderstanding each other!

Hey did I hep? Or just pi$$ people off? lol!
btw, (if you see this)
SORRY DM60, I didn't' mean to step on anybody's toes but I just
thought you were both misunderstanding each other!

I don't think you pissed anyone off, just think they guy never came back.

Back