free long sample download recorded on binaural dummy head

buzby

a while back i thought about making some small unusual sample packs

i love working with long samples and decided that i would record long samples instead of recording something and cutting it down and editing it - people can cut it down - loop it - extract different grooves from it themselves

just as you would with regular sample packs i guess except but here you can load up one sample - scroll through it a track in ableton find what you like -

i prefer this than browsing through a folder in ableton’s browser with let’s say short, pre cut up samples - you get the idea

i recorded this long sample of paper being rustled on a binaural dummy head (sample rate 48,000/bit rate 24)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sa13ti8iif0g3g/binaural%20paper%20rustle%20%28long%20sample%29.zip?dl=0

you can either use these as individual mono files or

place the L file in one track and pan hard left
place the R file in another track and pan hard right

wear headphones for the binaural effect

this will give you a nice stereo effect but in some places there will be some phasing - so maybe you ‘ll want to narrow the width a bit if you are using this in your tracks and take notice of how things sound in mono

let me know if you like this idea

i’ll be making more of these type of samples and there will be a bigger selection to people who have joined the mailing list at ableton ideas on Strikingly

cheers

Back