effect changing while playing live

apolochancleta

Hi, i have an intention of using a tool that i imagine to be programed in ableton/FL (or any other operator). Using this tool, i would be able to set a presetted number of effects to play live inside this preset. The thing would be like this. I would order the changes in effects in function of the time of the set. If the set starts at time A and finishes at time B, in between of A and B there would be the presetting of the number of effects i want. For example, a Release effect 34% from 6'' to 10'', in between A and B. So, if i play live inside the preset (from now on Z) and i play during the sector 6''-10'', the Release effect would be present. And this for any effect that i want to set in Z.
Another way to visualize it is the following: Supppose that i want to record a piano from time A to time B, with some desired effects. So, i change Release from 5 to 20 in sector 8''-15'', i again change it to 30 from 15'' to B (i leave it at 30 all the way long). in the while i also move the Reverb from 40 to 35 in sector 14''-22'', etcetera with any other effect that i would like to apply to my piano recording from time A to B, start to end of the record. All clear until here. Now think that i supress the piano record, but i leave all the other set of effects (Z). So i would have a silent record in function that no instrument (sound) is playing, but with all the effects setted (I still have Z in A to B), so then i would have a silent record in function of instruments, but a modified record in function of Z, the set of effects changed. In this way if i play the record, and play an instrument (any) inside this record, i would have the sound changes in function of Z, in the respective sectors of time, exactly the same as the first record with the piano playing over it. Hypothesising, if i would play exactly the same piano, and hit exactly the same sound at the same point of time, i would have exactly the same recording that the first one explained. The main aim of this is to play live any instruments with a desired presetted effects in function of time. I am talking this in the range of FL/Ableton, or any other digital program that could permit this.
Thank you, and i hope that this may be possible to program and that someone knows about this type of programming.

Ableton can do these things, I was gong to explain how you do it, but there are so many videos just look it up.

You will need to not only know Ableton, but choose a controller, pretty important. Ableton has Push, there are foot controllers, etc. But to make the effects dynamic you will need something like Push, APC40 or something in that direction. The nice thing, you can record your MIDI actions to the arranger session and automate much of this and still have room for live work.

Really suggest looking at Ableton videos to get an idea how to go about this. Plus, using Ableton this way is like learning a new instrument, so be aware.

Back