working a Tascam 25-2

Phrige

Hi,

i just recently picked up a great Tascam 25-2 from a small music shop that was gone over by a tech and all. So i knows it a working machine. But ive been having trouble recording onto it. The line in inputs are the clearest from my mixer. Xlr outs seem low even at +20db. The main problen is that the recordings consistantly come out with an echo on it. I dont know why. 2 track mode. 4 track mode. 7.5 or 15 ips ita always got a distinct doubling of the input that is slightly delayed and weighted to he right channel. Everything appears to be connected properly, and its not the mixer as monitoring source sounds normal.

Porque, why must you torture me reel to reel?

Hi,

i just recently picked up a great Tascam 25-2 from a small music shop that was gone over by a tech and all. So i knows it a working machine. But ive been having trouble recording onto it. The line in inputs are the clearest from my mixer. Xlr outs seem low even at +20db. The main problen is that the recordings consistantly come out with an echo on it. I dont know why. 2 track mode. 4 track mode. 7.5 or 15 ips ita always got a distinct doubling of the input that is slightly delayed and weighted to he right channel. Everything appears to be connected properly, and its not the mixer as monitoring source sounds normal.

Porque, why must you torture me reel to reel?

The 25-2 records 1/2 track stereo regardless of where the head switch is. The "4 track mode" is there only to play 1/4 track tapes. The machine operates @ "-10" so the rca line inputs are the only way into it from a line level source. The XLR inputs are for the mic inputs which are mediocre at best. The folks at TASCAM readily admitted as much when I was around.

BTW - What kind of tape are you using?

Back