Tascam US-1800 Not connecting?

One-Eyed Shaman

I've had a US1800 for about two weeks and it was working perfectly fine and now it won't connect to my computer. The USB light on it does not light up and it isn't recognized by my computer anymore. It was working fine.

I've looked around and have found comments from people saying they have had the same issue.

I feel like something came loose somewhere and would be an easy soldering fix if I knew where it was. Does anyone have any idea what went wrong or how to fix it?

All the right drivers were installed and everything I used several different USB cables and checked the power supply and everything. The unit still turns on and everything, it just won't connect to my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using the same USB port you installed the driver with? Is there anything you have downloaded/installed/changed since it was working? This could be very important.

I suggest deleting the driver, download and install again, restart, then fire it up.

If that doesn't work, then take it back and get a new one. I have not heard any similar issues with the 1800 myself.

Also, what DAW are you using. Have you selected the 1800 as your default audio device in Windows??? Mac? Atari? Please give more specific info.

:)

Back