Tascam DP24 Transferring Files

C4th

Hi.
Im trying to transfer a song iv recorded to my computer so i can do further mixing on Audacity.
When i transfer my files to my computer, my song is just broken down into tracks. But is there a way
i can send the complete song to Audacity and then manipulate the tracks from there?
Would i have to do a mixdown on my DP24 before, so it comes as a complete song?
Sorry for the dumb question.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi.
Im trying to transfer a song iv recorded to my computer so i can do further mixing on Audacity.
When i transfer my files to my computer, my song is just broken down into tracks. But is there a way
i can send the complete song to Audacity and then manipulate the tracks from there?
Would i have to do a mixdown on my DP24 before, so it comes as a complete song?
Sorry for the dumb question.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

if you want to transfer the tracks to a DAW you first have to export them to the audio depot folder on the DP-24. then connect your computer and look in the audio depot folder. you will see the tracks as WAV files. you can then drag them into the DAW. If you are looking to master a stereo track, you have to create a master file on the DP-24, this will be saved in the song folder as "song name.wav" You can also use the audio depot folder to import WAV files into the DP24. The master file can only be exported. I record the tracks on my DP-32, then export to the audio folder, then drag the files into Reaper for mixing. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Im not having a problem transferring the tracks. My problem is, that i cant get a complete song over,
so then i can break down the song from there and do my panning, effects etc without doing all that on the DP24. Or are you saying i have to transfer each individual track
into my computer and then mix from there.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your help. Im not having a problem transferring the tracks. My problem is, that i cant get a complete song over,
so then i can break down the song from there and do my panning, effects etc without doing all that on the DP24. Or are you saying i have to transfer each individual track
Thanks again.

yes, say the song has 6 tracks, when the song is loaded, go to the main menu and select audio depot, you will see the tracks with a check box beside each track. select all 6 tracks, then choose export and say yes when prompted. after they are exported you will see the 6 tracks in the audio depot folder as WAV files. copy, move, drag, ever how you want, the 6 WAV files into your DAW. you can then do whatever you want with them. Does this help?:thumbs up:

are you saying i have to transfer each individual track
Thanks again.

Yes....exactly. It apparent that you know how to transfer all the tracks at the same time from the DP-24 to your PC. You seem to be asking if there's a way to then take one big file and have all the tracks drop into Audacity all at once and form an equal number of tracks in your DAW. Nope...sorry. One at a time.

Yes....exactly. It apparent that you know how to transfer all the tracks at the same time from the DP-24 to your PC. You seem to be asking if there's a way to then take one big file and have all the tracks drop into Audacity all at once and form an equal number of tracks in your DAW. Nope...sorry. One at a time.

I think you can grab then all and drag then in there and it creates, in this case 6, not sure what they call them, but we will say tracks. Same with Reaper, it creates 6 new tracks. 99.9% sure you can. I say 99.9 cause I am not in a place to validate.

If I could chime in here on this topic. Last night I mastered a song on my dp24 to transfer to my computer. I looked in the audio depot and it's not there. The manual says it's saved in the song folder like you said. Where's the song folder? Is there another screen that says song folder or is it the screen where all my songs are? And if that's the case, since I mastered it I no longer have individual tracks of the song? Thanks for your help!

If I could chime in here on this topic. Last night I mastered a song on my dp24 to transfer to my computer. I looked in the audio depot and it's not there. The manual says it's saved in the song folder like you said. Where's the song folder? Is there another screen that says song folder or is it the screen where all my songs are? And if that's the case, since I mastered it I no longer have individual tracks of the song? Thanks for your help!

The tracks are stored in the "song name" folder, the master file is also stored there. the master file will be "the song name.wav". the tracks will still be there. all songs and master files will be saved in the "music" folder on the SD card. Connect with USB, look in the "music" folder. all of the song folders will be there. Thanks:thumbs up:

nothing will be in the Audio Depot folder unless you export a song there. this is a manual process done from the main menu.

Last edited:
Back