Tascam DP24 Monitoring switch?

C4th

Hi.
Just wondered is their any way of switching between headphones and monitors to monitor playback with the DP24? If not, has anyone worked out a way?
Thanks.

I use a DP-24 and I have the L / R "monitor" outs on the back on the unit going to the monitors..........and my headphones are always plugged into the HP output on the front of the unit. The monitors are plugged into a single handy power switch right near the DP-24...........so.........when I don't need the monitors I just power them off. The headphones are always active.

Thanks for your reply.
Thats how im set up. What "power switch" do you use?
Thanks.
If that's what you wanted to do, you should have said so ... hell, just shut the monitors off when you don't want 'em. Use a swtiched power strip for the monitor power mains. Whatever floats yer boat. Not the way I'd do it, since you can't easily and quickly make A/B comparisons.

Thanks. Well that is what i said lol.
Its just a pain having to keep getting up and turning my monitors on and off when i want and dont, want them.

Easy on the 2488

Thanks. Well that is what i said lol.
Its just a pain having to keep getting up and turning my monitors on and off when i want and dont, want them.

I don't know how much is alike on the DP24, but on the 2488, if you're using monitors, just push the mute switch in the monitoring section. The earphones remain active while muting the speakers.

I don't know if the DP24 has that Mute button, but the Presonus HP4 Headphone Amp has a nifty monitor mute button built into it. It can do this since it takes it's feed from the monitor 'outs.'

Back