Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tascam DP24 and Line 6 POD HD problem

C4th is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Tascam DP24 and Line 6 POD HD problem

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,
    Im new to the forum and not technically experienced but i have a bit of a problem and was hoping you may be able to help me.
    Im trying to record guitar using the Line 6 POD HD (left output?) direct into the DP24, i have the guitar/line switch set to line.
    But when i record, all my guitar tracks sound very muddy and ever so slightly buzzy. When i listen to the guitar through the POD headphone output or direct out of my monitors it sounds great, and when i record guitar direct to the DP24 its sounds great but obviously i want the range of effects etc from my POD HD. Im not using overly heavy distortion and im recording to 1 track (mono?) at a time. but it still sounds very muddy.
    Any help or questions to what im doing wrong with the DP24 or the POD HD would be much appreciated.

TASCAM MAN is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Maybe your guitar effects are spread in stereo and when you come out of the left side to 1 mono TK that is where you are loosing that sound you are hearing??

C4th is offline Junior Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply,
    The thing is, is that i keep hearing on the net that when recording with the POD HD you should just use 1 of the outs, but maybe they are talking about recording to computers?
    Thanks again.

arcaxis is offline Why 2K?
    Thanks
    Have you tried recording on an input other than the Guitar/Line input? Possibly an effect on that input that's mucking up the sound? I think I would try the left and right outs of the Line6 into the Mic/Line Trk1 and Trk2 ins of the DP-24 and be sure to watch the meters so the levels are correct. I don't have a Line6 effects box, but some units have the ability to set the outputs to alter the sound for different amps, combos, stacks, or line and perhaps a setting such as this may account for some of what you're hearing.

Lt. Bob is offline Spread the Daf!
    Thanks
    unless I'm mistaken using the left output should automatically make it mono so that should be correct.

However ..... you should have the guitar/line switch on guitar. It has nothing to do with the output of the unit ..... that switch is about the input and you're playing guitar thru it, not sending a line input to it.
    So since you're playing guitar it should be set on guitar.
    If you know the secret codes you can get by the mastering boss on level 8.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    unless I'm mistaken using the left output should automatically make it mono so that should be correct.

However ..... you should have the guitar/line switch on guitar. It has nothing to do with the output of the unit ..... that switch is about the input and you're playing guitar thru it, not sending a line input to it.
    Wouldn't the output of the Line6 unit be at line level so the switch would be set at "Line" rather than "Guitar". If he were playing the guitar direct in without the Line6 I would agree that the switch would need to be on Guitar to get the gain for passive PU's. Using a guitar that has active PU's or an acoustic with electronics may be different since the output would be hotter.

Not sure I understand why you would want to record mono and not take advantage of the stereo effects of the Line6(?)

Thanks
    C4th, just re-phrase your question and we could answer it a whole lot more accurately K?

RustyAxe is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    You are mistaken. It should be set to line. There's something else amiss in the OP's set up. I'd double check to be sure there isn't some unknown dynamic FX on that channel and that there is no FX assigned to the track.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TASCAM MAN View Post
    C4th, just re-phrase your question and we could answer it a whole lot more accurately K?
    Line6>Left Out >>>>> Line Input>Tascam DP-24 = Muddy Buzz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaxis View Post
    Line6>Left Out >>>>> Line Input>Tascam DP-24 = Muddy Buzz
    yes but isn't he using the effects on the "Line6" which is probably spread in stereo....and wanting to use just the left output and then to a momo in on the DP-24? Well I guess my question to C4th is: why not use the stereo outs on the Line6 to a stereo in on the DP-24?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information