Tascam 2488neo: How do I record an entire song directly to a CD?

Dreyth

Hello,

I'm having trouble following the Manuel on how to record an entire song directly on a CD from the Tascam. So far I have all of my tracks laid out and the levels are all how I want them to be. Then I set the IN point (this is defaulted to 00:00:00). Then I set the output by jogging ahead to the end of the song and holding SHIFT and then pressing OUT. I confirm that they are set by clicking IN and OUT; the track jumps to the times I chose.

I do not want to do any mastering at this point.

So what I do is insert a CD-RW into the tascam. Then I hit MENU, I head over to AUDIO CD, then CD WRITER. I choose the song i want and then hit YES. The title of the song shows, as well as an option to finalize. I choose NO for finalize.

I hit ENTER to continue with the process, and when prompted "Burn to CD?" I hit YES. The following messages show up on the Tascam screen as it "writes" to the CD:

Make image file
Burn to CD
Now working
(disk ejects)
Read song

I put the CD into my computer but it comes up as empty! What gives?

Could anyone give me a step by step guide as to how to record my entire song onto a CD to play on my computer?

I could be 100% wrong but the 2488 neo is VERY similar to the DP-24.............and I can tell you that the DP-24 uses only the "master" to record / burn to CD. If the 2488 is anything like that........you are likely burning a blank "master" to the CD. Again....just a guess.........but try to create the master first. You can create a master without making any changes to the song. Later....if you want to.......going back and creating another master (with adjustments...etc) will simply overwrite your last master. Maybe someone here with a 2488 will correct me if I'm wrong.

You have to finalize the CD for it to read in standard players. If you don't finalize, the tail end of the format remains open so you can keep adding track "sessions". When you're ready to take the CD and play it, you'll have to finalize it first.
:spank::eek:;)

OP,

As has been mentioned, a master track needs to be recorded before an audio CD can be made, and that CD needs to be finalized.

Mixdown:

Set the OUT point.

Press MIXDOWN/MASTERING button.

Press RECORD and PLAY.

The master track will be recorded and the transport will stop at the END point.

To check the recording press MIXDOWN/MASTERING again.

Once you are done, save the song.

To make a CD, do what you have been doing but choose YES to finalize.

Back