Speakers - No sound when guitar connected / DP24

JoeH

All hooked up. Played the demo...no problem. Plugged in guitar but got no sound. What am I missing? Source H is selected. Plugged into H guitar line. Two monitors hooked up to balanced input. Thanks

Is input h assigned to a track with track in record standby(red light flashing)? Or input h assigned to stereo bus? Is guitar switch on input h on. Hope you sort it

All hooked up. Played the demo...no problem. Plugged in guitar but got no sound. What am I missing? Source H is selected. Plugged into H guitar line. Two monitors hooked up to balanced input. Thanks

First ... all faders down, including master, and turn monitor out all the way down ... I'm assuming you've connected your speakers to the monitor outs (not Stereo Out, which is the mains).

1) Use toggle switch on rear to switch Source H to HI-Z if you have a passive pickup, or leave alone if you have active pickups
2) Assign Source H to a track (do NOT assign to the stereo bus, because you'll forget you did that later!)
3) Arm the track for record, the button will flash red
4) Bring track fader up to 0db
5) Bring Master fader up to 0db
6) Slowly bring up Monitor Out ... be careful ... you don't want to accidentally blow those speakers!

That's the deal ... now you can hear yourself. Don't forget you need to press the RECORD button if you want to record that track.

thanks for the info, I didn't know you have to have the record button "ON" to hear guitar....im so use to my old dp02 where I did not have to use this set up. dp02 was so simple to operate but this dp24 is far more complicated so I think its going to take a while to get use to the new functions...I do wish the guitar effects were not such a big deal!..i seems to me such a big operation just to access any effect....guess its going to take some time before im comfortable and confident with this.

LOL I was stuck on that too.It does take a while to get used to.What I didn't like when creating a new son, all effects were not reset to 0,I called Tascam and they told me what to do.The book really sucks.

Back