Need Help Using External Effects Sends/Returns On Tascam 2488neo

G-man60

I am trying to use my external rack effects with the send/return outputs on the back of me 2488neo. I am running cables to two separate units by sending two lines from effects send 1 and 2 out of the back of the neo and have the two returns going back into the F and G inputs respectively for each effect. I am getting plenty of signal to the outboard effects(their LEDs' are confirming that) but I can't get those signals back in to any of the channel/tracks I'm trying to record. I have adjusted the effect send levels of both of the effects 1 & 2 and I still can't get the effects into the channel. I have also raised the input level of both of the returns on inputs F & G. Any body else out there using outboard effects on the neo that could help me with this - it would be greatly appreciated. The manual is extremely vague with this. Peace - Gman

I am trying to use my external rack effects with the send/return outputs on the back of me 2488neo. I am running cables to two separate units by sending two lines from effects send 1 and 2 out of the back of the neo and have the two returns going back into the F and G inputs respectively for each effect. I am getting plenty of signal to the outboard effects(their LEDs' are confirming that) but I can't get those signals back in to any of the channel/tracks I'm trying to record. I have adjusted the effect send levels of both of the effects 1 & 2 and I still can't get the effects into the channel. I have also raised the input level of both of the returns on inputs F & G. Any body else out there using outboard effects on the neo that could help me with this - it would be greatly appreciated. The manual is extremely vague with this. Peace - Gman

Very simple I did it the other day just didn't record the returns but that should be easy also. Ok sounds like you have the patching hooked up correctly so....select the TK or instrument you want effected. Now go to the "send" button and you will see in the window Loop, Effect 1,Effect 2. Loop is the same but for the internal (single) effects.You have the option of off, pre/post and level/master level (they work simultaneous).you will have to experiment with the level and the Master level for best results. and that's really all it is to it :eatpopcorn: just like having 3 auxiliary send and returns on an analog mixer :D

I'm Back And Using External Effects With This NEO Is Still Not Working...HELP!

Well where did you go G-man60??:eek:

I had to walk away from my Tascam NEO because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my external effect loop(s) on the NEO and it's just pissing me off. Again, I have everything set up as noted in my post #1. Both external rack effects show that they are receiving good signal strength via the LEDs but the signal is not making it back to the track(s). I have the F & G input levels set at 2 O clock and went to the effect send to assign effects(1 and/or 2) to the track being recorded(as you recommended) and yet there are no effects when playing/singing through the track. I have experimented with the effect send/master levels and that didn't help either. What the frick am I doing wrong????? :wtf:

hello i know this post was awhile ago, did you ever get it to work. i was thinking of using a trs y cable from the eff out. dont know if that will work. the whole going back into a channel thing confuses me. but then again, i am a tech tard. sooo.....

I am having the exact same problems!

TASCAM couldn't answer this over e-mail and asked me to call them during the week, while sitting in front of my hooked-up equipment. I am using the Neo2488 with a Behringer Virtualizer effects unit. I prefer to record my effects directly to the hard drive and not add them later, because I do a lot of pre-production planning and testing, and know exactly which effects will work and where. Why is this so hard? They should have made the unit accept the effects directly in, even if mics or instruments were plugged into your effects unit first - then into the NEO. Either way, doing it like this or routing it in via Effects sends and then back into any given channel(s), the effects unit is receiving signal but nothing comes back in to the NEO. ALSO - Why is there no dedicated Effects Return? Dumb design, I think. Otherwise, I love the sound and functionality of the NEO.

Doesn't work for me. I have had Tascam on the phone and they still can't figure it out. No matter how I monitor, I can't even hear the effect being returned to the NEO. I'm thinking this is an awkward design AT BEST.

Back