My DP24 workstation is up & running!

wavewarrior

My Tascam DP24 workstation is finally up & running.
Built a custom desk for it and so far I'm loving it.
Everything is in easy reach and the work-flow is very cool.
Need to tackle room acoustics now.

Attachments

• Nov 13th 13 014.JPG
    Nov 13th 13 014.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Nov 13th 13 015.JPG
    Nov 13th 13 015.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Nov 13th 13 033.JPG
    Nov 13th 13 033.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Nov 13th 13 023.JPG
    Nov 13th 13 023.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Nov 13th 13 007.JPG
    Nov 13th 13 007.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 70
very nice.. where are all the wires ?..LOL

Thank you very much!

I'm trying to make the room easy to work in and kind of open feeling.
There's plenty of wires and I'm soldering more every day, lol

I wanted to hide the patch bay, so its behind the door.
1.JPG

A look behind the desk, and you can see my mess......

3.JPG

Just trying to keep it clean

4.JPG

Also started making the acoustic panels and they're already helping the sound of the room.

6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts, but this is fun, can't wait to start recording serious tunes!

Last edited:
Looks like you're using a pair of Tannoy 501a's. I HIGHLY advise that you get sub to go along with those. They're a good monitor..............a little too bright sounding for me.........just my opinion..........but they really need a sub.

Looks like you're using a pair of Tannoy 501a's. I HIGHLY advise that you get sub to go along with those. They're a good monitor..............a little too bright sounding for me.........just my opinion..........but they really need a sub.

Thanks for the tip on the addition of a sub. +1!

I picked up the 501a's because they sounded pretty good in the store and having their own built in amps was also a plus. They have an HF Trim on the back of them ( -1.5 db, 0 db and +1.5 db ) I have them set at zero right now, but I can agree a little deeper bottom end would be nice. For the money, they have kinda nice imaging and clarity. Was going to get the Yamahas, but for some reason these sounded a little better to me at the time.

Depending on how the rest of the room acoustics turn out, I might move up to the bigger Tannoy 601a versions.

What monitors do you have and how far away from the rear wall are they?

I also have the Tannoy 501A's as well as a pair of KRK PR6 gen 2's. I use a Yamaha 10" sub....can't remember what crossover settings. The Tannoy's (and the KRK's) are front ported so the wall spacing is not quite as critical. It looks like you're treating your room and you have the monitors isolated.......so I think you'll get the set up right. The Tannoy's are VERY good for mids to highs. The lows need some help because they just don't translate well enough.

I also have the Tannoy 501A's as well as a pair of KRK PR6 gen 2's. I use a Yamaha 10" sub....can't remember what crossover settings. The Tannoy's (and the KRK's) are front ported so the wall spacing is not quite as critical. It looks like you're treating your room and you have the monitors isolated.......so I think you'll get the set up right. The Tannoy's are VERY good for mids to highs. The lows need some help because they just don't translate well enough.

Very cool, what are you using for a crossover?

Have you heard the Tannoy 601a monitors?

Its been a while, but here's some updates.

3StudioAllwood_zpscdf7399a.jpg

Got rid of the Tannoy self powered speakers, replaced them with these custom "Allwood" speaker monitors. Awesome speakers fellas, 3/4" birch, 10" woofer's and those spruce wood horn tweeters are works of art. :guitar:

5StudioAllwood_zps012df01c.jpg

So smooth sounding. but have massive punch if you turn them up. They're passive so they're powered by vintage mid-1970's classis Kenwood amps. I can work on tunes for hours now and my ears don't get tired; mixes all sound much better now. These "Allwoods" help make my room sound & feel awesome!

7StudioAllwood_zps4f9b6af3.jpg

Back