DP24 SD card speed?

WadeHampton

My DP24 is giving me "file error" and "writing failed" error messages. My question is whether the problem is my SD card. I'm using a Sandisk ultra SDHC1 16 gig class 10 card. This was listed as compatible on Tascam's website. Anybody experienced anything similar. I'm running the latest firmware so I don't think that's the issue. Thanks guys!

i used the same card as you, and my DP-32 *did* work (it even worked with the little class-4 2gb card supplied) - i never got the errors you describe, but i did get timing errors when i synched my midi gear to the DP-32. after changing the SanDisk Ultra (30mb/s) for a SanDisk Extreme (45mb/s) i noticed the timing glitches occurred much much less.

but i say again, i never got any errors of the type you mention - but the most load my machine was under at any time was 16 tracks all running simultaneously - if you were running more tracks than that, then that may account for the extra CPU workload which led to the failure

Thanks for the reply clivewill. I only had four tracks running while recording one input the last time this happened. It happened right after a rewind. I also had it happen when turning on the metronome for a new song. I am running reverb most of the time. When it works this unit has a great sound and is fun to use. I may try upgrading my SD card to something faster. I sent an email to Tascam to get their take as well. I'm itching to make music so a phone call may be in order.

I've had a similar error. Turns out I hit the rewind button (stop+rew) before the last take completed writing to the SD card. I was not able to recover from that and had to use a new SD card. I use PNY 8gb class 10 cards. Available at Staples for around $10. Never had any other issues.

I've had the same problem, "writing failed" message and the track (but not the card) was nuked. This happened when doing repeated attempt at punching in or regular overdubbing. It happened mostly when using the foot pedal, but also when using the controls on the machine. This is on a DP 24 using one of the approved cards on their list. My questions are 1: how to prevent this, and 2: can the data be recovered? One song was nearly complete, about 2G of data. I wanted to slit my wrists when it happened!

Back