Dp 24 sd card usage

Alan Roller

I recently purchased the dp24. I'll record on the same track several times to get it right and notice that my time is being used up. I would expect to recapture my time as if recording over it (like with tape ). I also tried the track edit button going to the clean out operation after tracking and still am not getting my time back. The manual does speak of undoing, however i'm not understanding that yet. How do you recapture your time when re-tracking for a better take?

As you probably know......you're not actually losing "time" on the track as much as you're losing remaining recording space on the SD card. Each track take that you keep (I think it keeps 10 takes as a default.........which can be changed to less takes if you wish) is left on the card in case you want to use it again. Those takes use up card space of course. I wouldn't worry about the "time" left shown on the screen unless you're running out of card space. Using the track edit function to "clean out" the track only makes the active track blank of all input. It does not remove previous takes I think. You can use the "menu" button to access the "song" and then chose "delete unused"............but be aware that this will clear out all previous takes permanently on all tracks for that song.........without affecting the current / latest takes / tracks. If you do that you'll notice that you'll get more SD card space (time) back.

Mickster
Thanks again. I see that these tracks were the virtual tracks. I wasn't aware these virtual tracks were automatically set up to function.
I'm a fab 4 fan too
God Bless

Back