DP-24: Huge spike at beginning of track while mastering

crawling wind

Hello - I've been enjoying DP24 and using it quite a bit. I am trying to finalize some pieces and am having a problem. I do a mix to my liking, and then need to master the file. Under mastering, when I hit record, I get a huge spike at the beginning of the track. I have tried to master two pieces, and both times it happens.

I waited too long to try this function, as it is out of warranty by a few weeks. Has anyone encountered this problem, or have any advice?
Thanks!

I never had this specific problem, but here's something that often helps me when that freaking thing starts screwing up during mastering (or mixdown)- go to USB, and copy the entire folder of the song you're working on to your computer's desktop
- have a separate 2GB SD memory card handy (if not 2GB, then one that's not much bigger)
- format this separate SD card in the DP-24
- copy the file from your desktop to the new card, and try mastering again.

Most of the screw-ups I've encountered with this machine have to do with SD cards getting corrupted (particularly large ones).

Thanks for your reply - I am frustrated with this machine right now. Might just use it for tracking from now on and finish in Logic.

Back