Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the best vocal VST plugins around for cubase

tribal is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

What's the best vocal VST plugins around for cubase

Sign in to disable this ad
    Can someone reccomend me what's the best vocal vst in Cubase. Just want to make it more live and warm. ta

Thanks
    Hi again would it help it If I use a mic preamp, to make it more more warm sound for the vocal. Thanks

robbysaudio is offline Newbie
    Thanks

Mic pre-amp

YES, get a mic pre amp. The rule of thumb is you can't polish a turd, so get a good vocal signal down on your PC, then you can think about treating it.

I've been using a cheap pre-amp for 5 years now, a Midiman Audio-Buddy

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AudioBuddy.html

It's worked great and still does. But now I'm thinking of upgrading. Prices start at £50 and can go up wards of £2000. That said there are a number of budget mic pre-amps on the market, designed specifically with this in mind and still coming in at under £100 ($210?)

Here are some:

Behringer Ultragain Pro Mic2200
    Studiospares Mono Valve Mic Preamp
    Art Tube MP Studio V3
    Samson C Valve
    Presonus Tubepre
    Behringer Tube Ultragain T1953 (OK, this one comes in a little over £100, but I think it's good

eyema_believer is offline Bondservant
    Thanks
    Compression and EQ are your best friends, for vocals and really everything else. Master the application of these two processes, and everything else will fall into place. The plugs that come with Cubase for dynamics, and the EQ will do just fine, no need to buy any plugins.

Peace!

~Shawn

Thanks
    thanks guy, I m thinking getting a new Behringer Tube Ultragain T1953 but I m watching FOCUSRITE TWINTRAK PRO on ebay at the moment.Have u guys came across to use both of these? I m going to use it for live & recording.

Ta, V

robbysaudio is offline Newbie
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    thanks guy, I m thinking getting a new Behringer Tube Ultragain T1953 but I m watching FOCUSRITE TWINTRAK PRO on ebay at the moment.Have u guys came across to use both of these?
    No

I've not had the pleasure, bit limited on the gear I've been able to buy.

I want to back up what 'eye ma believer' says above about Cubase compression and EQ.

Elsewhere on this website, I've said how I use the on-board comp, pretty much without question on things like vocal, but quite often on lots of other things, too.

Before giving it back - it was on loan - I also used an outboard compressor in the line before going to tape. This isn't always called for, but depends on the ability, or not, of the vocal performer to deliver. I used it as a limiter to avoid transients which can sometimes ruin what was a wonderfull take, but just pushed the headroom a clip too far. It's especially good when close miking a vocal

Thanks
    hmm, I don’t want to be very anal in this post, but my experience with Behringer has like a "lucky packet" you either get an “ok” piece of kit, or a real piece of S**T. Most of the time, you get the second option. Even though Behringer say that there gear is warm and analog sounding this is just a marketing strategy. It is impossible to give a user as many options as they do with their gear, without the price going through the roof. Unfortunately all their processing is done in the digital domain inside their units with real poor ADDA converters. They can however cleverly say that there gear is analog as it arrives and goes through one or 2 processes before destroyed by these poor converters.
    If you want a cheap good sounding pre I would go for the ART Tube Mp Studio V3. I have done some really good vocal recordings with one of those. (V2 though)
    Otherwise if you looking for a good plug-in to polish your turd get the PSP Vintage Warmer. This plug-in is a flippen beast. I use this on just about everything!! Its very easy to use and sounds great even slapping on the presets.
    Also, have a the waves bundles if you know how to use compression properly then you are smiling. :P
    Oh, btw… anything from focusrite is awesome… especially pre’s. If you can get your hands on one of those Twintrak Pro’s go have some fun!
    uncle phil's little blue and yellow van

TimOBrien is offline Been Here, Posted That
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    Can someone reccomend me what's the best vocal vst in Cubase. Just want to make it more live and warm. ta
    The Talent plugin:

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/ind...ind=04/01/2002

NYMorningstar is offline Recording Modus Operandi
    Thanks
    The best part of your sound chain to do justice to a vocal is the right mic.IMHO It's always best to fix the source. If a singer needs to rely on electronics to sound good then he needs to learn how to sing. A good vocal coach is priceless.
    Busy recording...
    http://nysteacherjobs.com/

Thanks
    Ha ha ha nice one TimOBrien!! lol, I m not that bad with my singing part but yeah I believe in perfection with a lots of practices. I was recording and the vocal just sounded pretty tasteless, all the timing etc.. is pretty good actually. My mixer doesnt have any much pre so I learned that I need to use mic preamp or plugins. Ta

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information