Sample rate issue ?

AdamR

I recently uploaded tracks from my band that were recorded in a studio to make some changes to the guitar tracks. I noticed the tracks were slow and out of tune/Changing the sample rate speed from 44000 to 48000 fixed the issue. However when I exported them and ran them through Landr for a quick mastering they were now playing to fast. Any have an idea what the deal is ?

Probably a mismatch between the actual sample rate and the file's sample rate property setting. Can you look at the file properties? You may need to use an editor (like Sound Forge) to change the file's sample rate setting without resampling it.

This often happens when the recording interface is clocked externally. The DAW thinks it's recording at one rate but the interface is running at a different rate. Everything's fine on the original setup, but when the software and converters are in proper sync the playback speed is off.

Yup, Cubase was set to 44000, The files were recorded at 48000. I reset the sample rate to 44000 when I was done with the project and exported them. That seemed to work.

Heres something real odd. If I have the song playing back in cubase with the sample rate at 48000 it sounds right. Now if I take a video of the song playing in cubase and listen back to the video its too fast even though it sounded right as it was recording.

Heres something real odd. If I have the song playing back in cubase with the sample rate at 48000 it sounds right. Now if I take a video of the song playing in cubase and listen back to the video its too fast even though it sounded right as it was recording.

What interface are you using? Is it clocked to another device by SPDIF or ADAT?

Im an idiot. The project was still open and set to 48000 so when I played the video back on my computer it played back at the same rate. I have to close Cubase if Im running at a different sample rate. Im using a Tascam US1800.

Back