Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: re-installing cubase w/o software CD

hexeir is offline Registered User

re-installing cubase w/o software CD

Sign in to disable this ad
    I recently clean installed XP on my computer and lost Cubase LE 4. I want to install it again. I have a Tascam US-122L that was my hardware key or whatever... but I lost my installation CD. I don't even know where to start. I mean, I could easily download a cracked version, but I actually bought the crap. The "other" Cubase forum (official) won't even allow me to join because they're a bunch of f***ers. Please help! I gotta get back to recording

Jim Lad is offline Why 2K?
    Scottish born, Irish Descent, Living in Canada.
    You need to find your disc.
    You know.
    The one you bought.
    If you're assertion is that having misplaced it means you will never find it again, then I'm inclined to believe that you are havering.
    I mean that in the nicest way, of course.
    Cheers ♫
    Jim

amd7000 is offline Newbie
    Send steinberg an email and say the disk was faulty. Hopefully they will send you a new one. Dont go down the piracy route. Its the disk that comes with the tascam, right? Surely it would be easier to try and find it?

Chili is offline Site Moderator
    Do you have the drivers??

Have you called Tascam?? 323-726-0303

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lad View Post
    You need to find your disc.
    You know.
    The one you bought.
    If you're assertion is that having misplaced it means you will never find it again, then I'm inclined to believe that you are havering.
    I mean that in the nicest way, of course.
    Not sure what "havering" is, but I've changed residence since I've installed it. I lost the CD, likely will never find it.

Is it piracy if I download it and use my hardware key and not the patch?

..........................Yes.
    Cheers ♫
    Jim

..........................Yes.
    Alright, I suppose that morally I'm stuck either embarking on a trek to find my disc or buying another piece of hardware. Doesn't really make too much sense to me.

I would like to say however, that while I am a newbie to this forum and Jim, you are obviously very active and possessing seniority, I think you've acted in a very condescending way on this thread. And I really don't appreciate that. I don't know who you're showing off to but you've only made yourself look like an ass.

I think I did too.
    Here's why.

The Steinberg site wouldn't allow you to join.
    You openly discuss downloading cracked software (a definite "No, no, here) and you refer to others in a disparaging manner, even blanking out the foul language.
    And that's your first posting!

I responded by challenging you in the hopes that you would sway me in one direction or the other.
    You haven't.
    I still don't know whether you are looking for cracked software or have honestly found yourself being short staffed by Steinberg as is so often the case.
    For the most part, that software is free, by the way. It's a promotional give-away.

Edit: I don't really have any seniority around here so don't let that slow you down.
    So here's a thing.
    Only two others have responded to your thread. That's not a huge response on this site.
    I think others share the same doubts I do.
    So try this.
    Start a new thread. Different subject. Introduce yourself as a newbie and let's see how it goes.
    Cheers ♫
    Jim

I think I did too.
    Here's why.

The Steinberg site wouldn't allow you to join.
    You openly discuss downloading cracked software (a definite "No, no, here) and you refer to others in a disparaging manner, even blanking out the foul language.
    And that's your first posting!

I responded by challenging you in the hopes that you would sway me in one direction or the other.
    You haven't.
    I still don't know whether you are looking for cracked software or have honestly found yourself being short staffed by Steinberg as is so often the case.
    For the most part, that software is free, by the way. It's a promotional give-away.

Edit: I don't really have any seniority around here so don't let that slow you down.
    So here's a thing.
    Only two others have responded to your thread. That's not a huge response on this site.
    So try this.
    Start a new thread. Different subject. Introduce yourself as a newbie and let's see how it goes.
    1) I went through the ridiculous process of joining the Steinburg site and I was never sent confirmation.
    2) Discussing cracked software? I was simply stating that I don't understand why they'd make it so hard for us to get the software legally when it's so easy for others to get it illegally.
    3) I referred to the other forum in the manner I did in the obvious fashion of this forum - when you join it calls itself the "friendly" Cubase forum, which seems like a crack at the corporate forum if you ask me.
    4) I don't understand what doubts you or anyone else could have toward me. I don't need help downloading cracked software if that's what you're asking. That's easier than making a PBJ.

I came here to ask for the legal way for me to get my software back and I've been greeted very poorly by yourself. I don't need to prove myself to you. What, do you want a picture of me with my hardware key? You're ridiculous.

Chili is offline Site Moderator
    So here's a thing.
    Well, no, I don't agree here. He's talking about Cubase LE, this is the software that goes to OEM's to package with their interfaces. So, if he's got a US-122 and it came with Cubase LE, then it's a legal copy. If he lost his cd, then dumb on him, but trying to obtain another copy of software he legitimately owns is not piracy.

And to the OP, again, have you called Tascam?? They are the ones you should talk to. Cubase LE is an OEM version, so talk to the OEM.

good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information