question on automation

jimistone

long standing member
I'm working in Cubase LE.
I'm trying to get a song ready to post in the clinic and I have a question. I automated the levels on a guitar track by clicking the "W" button on the mixer. It worked perfectly when I pressed the "R" button my exact fader moves were automated. The only problem is that I experimented with some vst effects and used an effect that raised the level of the guitar which made it too loud with the automated fader moves. I read the help info on automation and it said to just go back and click the W and do new fader moves. It seems some fader mover changed but some of the old ones are still there resulting in a erratic up/down fader automation.
I have gone back and tried redoing it several times to no avail.

I have tried opening the song in neuendo but it's the same automation.
How do I just erase all the previous automation for that track and start from scratch again.
Sorry for the long post but any help would be appreciated.

Pull up the Automation Panel (F6) or Project>Automation Panel. Under 'Functions' tab select 'Delete Automation of Selected Tracks' or 'Delete Automation in Range' if you just want to remove a section.

In that panel you can change how automation is written also. Check manual for details.

:)

Well when I hit ft "vst send effects" pops up.
When I go to project at the top I get theses options:
Add track
Remove selected tracks
Show used automation (this does nothing when I click it)
Hide all automation
Pool
Markers
Tempo track
Beat calculate
notepad
Project setup

Nothing about any automation panel

Automation is unfortunately heavily limited in LE, IIRC there are a lot of automation modes missing compared to the full version.

I figured it out. You click the plus sign on the channel and it opens up the automation window and allows adjustments or deletion of the automation on that track.
LE has...so far...all the automation I'm needing. I have neuendo too but it's so far over my head I never use it.

I was just wanting to get a song mixed for the mp3-mixing-clinic and as usual I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to computers and a DAW.
Thanks for responding guys

Oh my bad I get it now.

Another way to ajust it is to right click on the track and select show all used automation or something like that.

What I was referring to though is LE doesn't have certain nice to have modes like x-over or latch IIRC.

Sorry to butt in, but does anyone know if cubase AI is a fully functional or a reduced feature 'no thrills' version of the standard program? I ask because the Yamaha THX amp I get soon comes with it for free.

Please do not but in. Seems to be a normal thing for you.

It is not proper to jack old threads to ask questions like this.

The answer is no. AI is a limited version of Cubase. Doesn't that seem odd that $500 software would come with the purchase of a $300 amp???

Back