Midi Track playback stops sounding

EandEStrack

Hello,

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 6 32 bit, and using East West Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass Silver, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Silver, East West Quantum Leap RA, and Garritan Personal Orchestra plugins.
I have recorded ten parts using different instruments on each part, and am using a few effects on some. Now when I playback the project, one, two, and at times All of the tracks stop sounding, sometimes coming back in only to skip out again. :?: In Cubase I have Audio Priority on Boost, and Disk Preload at four seconds. My Project and VSTs are on an external hard drive, and my computer has tons of free space, plus being set on performance mode.
Can anyone tell me why my playback is skippy? Is it a RAM or CPU problem? Or maybe my audio driver?
I am on a deadline and would appreciate some help! Thanks! :!:

What is your performance meter telling you. A very handy tool for seeing how far the system is being pushed. Some of those sample players use huge chunks of memory to store the working samples, and then shunt new ones in and out, so it may be memory, and disc transfer speed. Why not mute those tracks and introduce them one by one until it's too much? This will show you if it's just overload. If it is, cubase has a handy freeze function that turns each track into an audio file, and plays that rather than generating the track in real time from the samples.

Back