Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Metronome adjustment

timtimtim is offline Senior Member

Question Metronome adjustment

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm using Cubase LE. Is it possible to fine-adjust the metronome? As far as I can see you can only change the time in multiples of 2. I need to adjust the beat very finely to match a piece of music already recorded, which means the beats will not synchronise with the time markings on the timeline. How can I do this?

Guitargodgt is offline Why 2K?
    What version of cubase?

version 1.0.7

I found that by changing the first number in the count base box I can adjust the timing over a wide range, but I still can't get enough accuracy. So 11/16 is slightly too slow, and 10/16 is slightly too fast - I need 10.5/16 (is that 21/32?). How do I achieve this accuracy?

TetraFish is offline 1K Silver Member
    If I understand correctly your adjusting the tempo right? If so you should be able to set the tempo to three decimal places.
    “Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.” - H.J.S.

I tried changing the tempo track and it completely messes up the timeline so all the recordings are all jumbled up and overlapping and disorganised

I think you only need a tempo track if the tempo changes. I could be wrong but I've never used a tempo track.

Try dumping the tempo track and just change the tempo in the transport window.
    “Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.” - H.J.S.

that's the point. I can't use the metronome setup in the transport window because I can't set it with enough accuracy. To adjust the tempo track would probably be the perfect solution if it didn't mess up all the tracks. If I could somehow bounce all that I've recorded together so it can't be jumbled up that would be fine, but I don't know how to bounce it all together because it is on lots of different tracks which can't be put onto one track before bouncing because the tracks overlap and I'd lose bits.

Chili is offline Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
    I found that by changing the first number in the count base box I can adjust the timing over a wide range, but I still can't get enough accuracy. So 11/16 is slightly too slow, and 10/16 is slightly too fast - I need 10.5/16 (is that 21/32?). How do I achieve this accuracy?
    If you want to change the tempo, you should not be changing those values. They're for beats per measure, etc, not tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
    that's the point. I can't use the metronome setup in the transport window because I can't set it with enough accuracy.
    I don't get this, the tempo goes to three decimal places like Tetra said. that's pretty accurate.

Perhaps a screenshot is in order so we can understand what you're referring to.

peace,

ahhhhh! Now I know what your talking about. Each track has what they call a "timebase" which can be "musical" or "linear". If you want to change tempo without reorganizing the audio events just change the timebase to linear. Change this for each track, reset your metronome to 4/4 and then change the tempo 'till the cows come home.

In Cubase 5 it's a button that either looks like a clock (linear) or a note (musical).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information