VS840 - synchronizing tempo with pre-recorded track

yannman

Hi all,

I own a Roland VS840 and was wondering if there is *any* built-in way to synchronize a pre-recorded track (not originally recorded with VS840 and not using any MIDI sync) with the system tempo. I could attempt to do it manually but predict that it will be an arduous task requiring a mix of precision and luck.

I read somewhere that the VS880 does offer the capability using markers as a basis for time but what about the VS840??????????

Thanks!

Yannman

Yup the 880 has - that's what I wanted to tell you. You tap in the markers and may convert them to a sync track/tempo maps...

Just buy an 880 :D

Sorry I could not help, but a t least I bumped you up again...

aXel

maybe....

Hello, I own the VS-2480 and there was a song my keyboard player wanted to change the sounds on. We never used a smte tone or anything like that so we wondered if it was even possible to snyc tracks without some sort of midi sync tone. Turns out there was, but weither this will help or not , im not sure, I do have the top o' da line machine. We use Cakewalk, and SLAVED the tracker to the comp. Turned on the MMC and had to use a little OFFSET on the tracker to get it to sync just right, with a little tweeking it didnt take that long at all. Not sure if your tracker has the offset setting which could make or break what your trying to do.

Help this helps..

Back