VS2000cd spdif input problem

wallykissel

SPDIF output from the VS2000cd to an M-Audio(AVID) Fast Track Ultra audio interface works fine as does output to spdif reference monitors and an audio receiver. SDPIF output from the M-Audio(AVID) Fast Track Ultra works fine to the reference monitors and receiver. However the VS200cd complains something like "digital in unlock Change to internal?" when attempting use the spdif input from the FTU. I've done a bunch'o searches; no success. Any ideas?

Go to "system parameters". You'll see 3 settings. Digital 1 (coaxial) digital 2 (optical) and "INT" (internal). You can only have one of those settings at a time, and it determines the master clock. What you are trying to do may be impossible, I don't know. You can't have the FTU as the master clock for the Roland and the Roland as the master clock for the monitors at the same time. If it's possible, you need to use the Roland as the master clock (Int) and set all other units to clock off of it.

Thanks Richard, but problem solved. Simple bad cable/connector. The VS2000 is a bit more particular that the other spdif devices. All is functioning as needed. (My system parameters are a bit different BTW - 'Internal' , 'Digital' and 'External' or something close to that.)

Back