VS problem?

Don't sell it! Learn techniques...get familiar with it, and you can make it sound amazing. Don't think that you're recording problems are going to be changed by getting a new rig, protools 001 isn't that much better, and it's a lot harder to learn!

Well...I really dont know. Im selling it to fund a digi-001 factory. Its only 2 years old. I see that you can get an 1824 for $1999.00 at musicians friend. Without an fx card.
Byt mine is a 1680 with one fx card and a nice little roland stand. So I honestly dont know what its worth. Its hard to tell. I was hoping you guys would start me out at a resonable price...

If you're serious about getting rid of it you could try eBay (~$1k or thereabouts) - but why get rid of it? I agree with DarthFaders - your problems won't necessarily go away...

- Wil

Wil is right. For the money, you still can't beat the 1680 units. Stick with it--the effort will pay off, and you'll find that any other workstation you move to will have a similarly frustrating learning curve.

Well I am listening to you guys...but I have been using pro tools free for about a month now. And it just sounds better...Its easier...(I can already do everything in pro tools that I could do with my roland.) And its more of a visual medium. I work and learn much better visually than the other way around.

aye mate

i'm in oz and i own one of them why is it that it a 1680 is gonan be worthe 1000 aus when the go for at least double maybe even triple that over here?

Im in aus as well and I got my 1880 for 3 1/2 g with 2 fx cards and a burner. there is all ways new stuff coming out and getting cheaper all the time when that stuff comes out then this stuff will be worth less .also there are many more units in the states and that in it self would mean its a buyers market not a sellers. I on the other hand don't intend selling my unit cause i love it to bits(get it bits)?

Back