VM3100Pro / Logic RPC sound quality

Giganova

gimmi your mic!
hi there,

I just set up my new VM31 pro RPC studio package using the Logic RPC sofware on my HP 2.5GHz, 512MB ram Pentium IV machine. Everything seems to be working fine, except: when I record a track and play it again, the audio quality is _horribe_! Lots of hisses, clicks, etc ... you can barely recognize the track again. I suspect that the setup of Emagic Logic RPC is screwed up as the sound quality is perfect if I, e.g., play a CD-ROM and use the RPC as soundcard for my studio monitors.

Any ideas what could be wrong with my setup??
Thankxxx!

Vm3100pro

Have you tried checking out the video that it came with. It is more depth in the software setup procedure. You got to check the Roland configuration in the Control Panel. I don't think Logic RPC is compatible with XP yet. What I did was forget about Logic and I use Sonic Foundry software, Cubase SX, Sonar, or a later version of Logic which is Xp compatible. I believe Vm3100Pro drivers works alot better in XP than 98se.

guess I have found out what was wrong:
I have to click on the soundcard settings within Logic and everything's fine. Seems like there is a hardware conflict which is resolved as soon as I activate the ASIO driver again.
after launching Logic.

Back